This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm Back With A Red Velvet Cake!

Easy Red Velvet Cake
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Tsp. Vinegar
1/3 C. Crisco Oil
1 1/3 C. Milk
2 Tbsp. Cocoa
2 Oz. Red Food Coloring
3 Eggs
Mix together and cook 3 layers @ 350 degrees for approx 30 min. or until done.
Cool before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
1 Box Confectioners Sugar
1 Stick Margarine (softened)
8 Oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Cup Nuts (optional)
1 Tbsp. Vanilla Flavoring.
Mix together in mixer and spread between layers and on cake.
Enjoy!! My "Sweet Hunter" sure is!!!!
Please come and visit me at Lifes Little Garden!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Val, I was so excited to see your cooking blog back and this cake looks delicious! I just love you and appreciate you so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh, saw your red velvet cake! I made one last week ... first one in years!! I found out how much I have been missing ... nothing like a Red Velvet Cake and a good hot cup of tea!

Pink Hugs,
Dee