This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Evelyn's Spinach Artichoke Dip


1 Can Artichoke Hearts 14 oz.
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup Grated Parmisan Cheese
Dash of Salt
1 Pkg. Frozen Spinach 10 oz.
Shredded Mozzerella Cheese
1/2 Cup in mixture
1/4 Cup sprinkled on top

Directions: Cook Spinach & drain well. Use 1/2 can artichoke hearts chopped into small pieces. Mix all of the above and pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle Cheese on top. Bake 350 degrees for approx. 20 minutes. I usually double this recipe.
Serve with Salsa, Sour Cream & Tortilla Chips
This recipe is one I treasure. It is from Evelyn, my husbands aunt and a very dear friend to me. We went to Houstons in Atlanta (my favorite restaurant) several years ago together. It was one of the first times we had eaten the spinich artichoke dip there. We all loved it. Evelyn is a very good cook. She went home and played around with this until she got it as close to Houstons recipe as I have ever tasted. My children and I, all cook this a lot. The picture shown is actually from Houston's. Evelyn and her children live out of town and we never get to see them. I think of them often but especially when I make this recipe. They are great to send me cards and notes. I am not as good at that as I should be, but I do love & miss them so.

1 comment:

Alice Grace said...

Well, now that you have got me hungry for your Spinach Artichoke dip, I will be right down! You are such a great cook!
Love
MOM