This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pickled Okra















My kids just love this recipe so I have to make it every year. Here goes:


Whole Fresh Okra

1 clove garlic

1/2 hot pepper

1 Quart of Water

1 pint of vinegar

1/3 cup of salt

2 tsp. dill seed


Pack okra in jars. Put 1/2 hot pepper and 1 clove of garlic in each pint jar. Then mix water, vinegar, salt, and dill seed in pan and boil. Pour hot liquid into each jar. Seal and Boil in hot water bath for 10 minutes. Cool on towel and make sure all of the jars sealed. If they didn't. place jar in refrig. and use in 2 weeks. These are delicious!

2 comments:

Alice Grace said...

Yum! That looks delicious and I am amazed at how easy the recipe is! I may try to do that!

Krista said...

I want these bad...I love pickled okra. I just can't find them in a store that is as good as homemade.