This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Black Bean Soup


This is what we had for supper tonight. This is a very easy soup to make and wonderful on a cold day like today. I served this with tortilla chips. I love this soup!


Black Bean Soup
3 Cans of Black Beans (undrained)
1 Can of Rotel Tomatoes with diced chilies
Onion ("My Sweet Hunter" hates onions, but what he doesn't know want hurt him!")
Garlic
Bell pepper
Olive Oil
1 Can of Niblet Corn
1 Can of Vegetable Broth
Brown Rice (Pre-cooked)

I start this out in my dutch oven. I saute my onion, garlic, and bell pepper in olive oil for just a minute. Then I add all the ingredients except the rice. I usually transfer to my crock pot after heating through. I add rice about 20 minutes before serving. I serve this with sour cream and/or cheese on top.
Simple & Delicious!

CHECK OUT www.lifeslittlegarden.blogspot.com to see my quilt block I made. I am proud!

1 comment:

Andrea Maddiex said...

Hello!
I love this blog. This is the kind of things I would fix. Thank You for coming by and visiting. We are all doing better, I am not blogging much because my husband is due for surgery soon and that is taking my time right now. But, I hope you will continue to visit and I will be adding both of your blogs to my friends and cooking lists if that is alright.
Blessings,
Andrea