This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Friday, January 6, 2017

Strawberry Cake

This is a delicious strawberry cake that I make from scratch.
It is delicious.
I used to make this for my "Mother in Love" and she would make the icing.
I used a White chocolate cream cheese icing and will share the recipe in my next post.
Grease and flour your pans first and preheat oven to 350*
Ingredients
  2 Cups Sugar
1 3 oz. pkg. strawberry Jello
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs (room temperature)
2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp. vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries


Combine the flour and baking powder.

 In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and
dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy

Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.

Stir flour mixture in to the batter
alternately with the milk  and
Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree.

Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans

If you would like the recipe for this frosting you can go Here!
This is rich and delicious!
Enjoy!


No comments: