This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Company Cauliflower


Company Cauliflower
I didn't do this full recipe. I used only what I had but it was delicious. This recipe is out of an old church cookbook and Nellie Goff is home with the Lord. I treasure this cookbook & I love this recipe. The cauliflower is out of my garden. You can use other veges too.

1 Medium head cauliflower
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
...
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/3 cup of margarine
1/4 cup flour
2 Cups milk
1 tsp. Salt
6 slices cheese. (I used cheddar that I shredded.)
Dash of paprika

Separate cauliflower in to pcs. Cook covered for 10-15 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile brown mushrooms & pepper in butter. Blend in flour. Gradually stir in milk and stir constantly until thick. Add salt. Place cauliflower in Casserole dish. Cover with cheese. Add sauce. Repeat layers.
Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 350* 15 minutes.

There is something special about these hand written recipes.
I treasure them. 
Enjoy!




No comments: