This Cooking Blog Is Dedicated To My Children and Grandchildren

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Best Biscuits!

Preheat Oven to 400*
4 Mounded Cups Self Rising Flour
2 Sticks Butter
2 Cups Buttermilk
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Baking Powder

Put everything in to Kitchen Aid Mixer
No particular order
Turn on until mixed and forms ball.
Just takes a minute.

Then I knead just enough to form smooth ball.
Not much at all.
Then roll out thick.
I just press with heel of hand and fingers.

Then Cut your biscuits and place in greased pan.

You can half this recipe if you would like to.
I usually make full recipe and freeze biscuits when
I need bread quick.

Bake until brown!
Brush with butter!!!
Oh my!

Melt in your mouth delicious!
And so easy!!!
Enjoy!

Look me up on Facebook & You Tube under "Our Forever Farm" & make sure
to visit my blog by clicking Here!
Be Sure and comment so I will know you stopped by for a visit!

3 comments:

Semi said...

I have made them like this for years. I make only half a batch though. Yum!

Donna2d said...

I’ve always wanted to try homemade biscuits. Is the butter cold, or room temp? Did you use the dough hook or paddle while mixing? Wish me luck...these look amazing!

Val said...

Donna! It doesn't matter if butter is room temp or cold but I prefer room temp. I use the paddle. You just want to mix it good. Enjoy!